Guide to Reviewers
Guide to Reviewers
Your invitation to serve as a reviewer in the peer review process is based on trust. Reviewers must maintain confidentiality, treat all manuscripts and materials confidentially and must not communicate directly with authors.
In order to ensure this, follow this step before you start the review process:
- Click Review on the Microsoft
- Click the dropdown under Track Changes
- Click “Change user name”
- Then Change your user name to “Reviewer”
JAE aims is to have the first decision to the authors by 4-6 weeks after submission.
Articles are initially reviewed by at least two reviewers.
Reviewers should read the JAE Guide to Authors and pay attention to the following guidelines:
- The manuscript is written in clear and concise English;
- The title is specific and reflects the content of the manuscript;
- The abstract is brief, not more than 200 words, and describes the purpose, method, major findings, conclusion and recommendations of the work;
- Specific line-by-line comments on details of the paper.
- Tables are appropriate and clearly presented. Should anyone be simplified or condensed or removed;
- Figures are justified and clear with fonts proportionate to the size of the figure. Do the figures describe the data accurately;
- The methods are appropriate and presented in sufficient detail to allow the results to be repeated;
- Data are adequate to support the conclusions;
- Are all the objectives covered in the presented results;
- Are all the results provided for in the objective;
- Trade names, abbreviations, and symbols are properly used where indicated;
- Are all conclusions based on results? Does the conclusion explain how the research has moved the body of scientific knowledge forward?
- Justify your recommendation with concrete evidence and specific examples.
- Be specific so the authors know what they need to do to improve
- Suggestions for improving the paper
JAE expects reviewers to provide on time, a thorough and comprehensive report. Provide useful comments for authors and a clear recommendation to the Editor. Reviewers are at liberty to use the JAE review platform on JAE website (https://www.journal.aesonnigeria.org or send a report following the criteria by email to the Editor-in-Chief: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
For more information: Reviewer’s information
Please Download AESON Reviewer's Report Form Download Fill and Upload, Click to download